BLOGGER POWR - Amanda Rose

Friday, 17 March 2017
What time is it? GRLPOWR time. It's another BLOGGER POWR interview, today with the lovely Amanda from LDNROSE - lets go!


QUESTIONS
Blogging and me:

  • Hello! How would you describe your blog in a few words? A lifestyle blog about living and working in London. I mainly blog about work and career tips as well as travel.
  • Which blogpost that you have uploaded is your favourite? It would have to be one of my interview posts from last year’s Internationational Women’s Day. I did a series on inspiring women and interviewed Jacqueline Fernandez a female CEO who set up her own non-profit organisation; What You Do Matters. I also interviewed Laurél Alleyne, a producer who works in the TV industry. Both explored topics around gender diversity and feminism and I could really relate to issues addressed in both, as I’m sure many young women can.
  • How long have you been blogging?  Almost 2 years, but I started a blog a few years back and didn’t really put that much time into it. So I’ve started again this time around hoping to keep it up for good now.
  • What's your favourite part of blogging?  The friends you’ll make – cheesy I know! It really is being a part of a community which I love. I think working in PR and having to work with bloggers professionally on behalf of clients is interesting as I see both sides. And it’s true that the perception is some can start blogging for the pure purpose of getting money or free stuff. But for the most part, it’s just someone who wants an outlet to share the things they like, get to know like-minded people and hopefully help a few along the way. That’s why I love the blogging community, it’s very rare to find people that aren’t willing to talk or be friends with you.
  • What is your blogging method? (E.g do you take photos before writing up your post?)  I would say a mixture of both. Some days I’ll dedicate to just taking a load of images for my ‘stock’ images, so for things like insta, or posting as header images. But for an actual post I tend to mix it up depending on what I need. Sometimes I might need to do more research and speak to a few people and write it up before realising what images I’ll need. Other days if it’s around a specific product I’ll take the photos and then write the post. I find you have to be flexible in that way.
  • What advice do you give to new bloggers to stand out in the crowd?  Find your niche. I think it’s easy to want to just blog about everything you fancy, but that’s not going to make you stand out. You need to find something you are really passionate about or can speak a lot about so that people will come back to read more. I would describe my blog as a lifestyle blog but my niche is work and career tips. I didn’t just want to write about general topics, but wanted to try and give advice or help where I can.
  • What are your favourite blog posts to create? I would say interview ones. I always love speaking with other people and getting their insight on a topic. It’s also where I can learn new things and hopefully be a valuable outlet for those I’m interviewing. It’s also interesting to find out that there are a lot of similar views on topics that I can then discuss with like-minded people and also eventually create a nice interesting piece on.

About me:
  • How would you describe yourself in 3 words? A dreamer, moody and ambitious


  • What is your favourite thing to do to relax ? Nothing like opening a bottle of wine and watching the latest episodes of pretty much anything on Netflix.
  • Name 3 things you couldn't live without! My phone, my dog and my boyfriend


  • Do you have any bad habits ? I hate to admit it but I’m a smoker…


  • What has been your proudest moment so far?  I would hope that I have yet to achieve bigger things to be proud of, but in terms of proudest moment so far, it would be graduating from university. I’ve never seen my mum so proud of me except for that moment when I went to accept my diploma at my graduation ceremony. Education is very important to my parents and they always encouraged me to study whatever I wanted. So getting my degree would have to top my list so far as I know that it made them proud.


  • What do you like to do in your spare time? I love to travel and I cover my travel experiences on my blog too. But I also like exploring London. So I try to try new things and visit new places when I can. There’s been a few cool pop-ups in the last few years so I always try and keep an eye out for those when they happen.
  • What are your future aspirations in life? One day I’d like to start my own business. I’m not sure exactly what yet, but I know I want to be my own boss.


  • Name three things that never fail to make you smile. Funny animal videos, seeing friends and remembering funny memories.


  • Confession time! What is your most embarrassing moment? I once ran to get a train and slipped on the platform! The doors were closing just as I was falling to the ground. Like full on ‘feel like you’re in slow motion’ kind of drop. I was the only one on the platform at the time so everyone in the carriage saw me drop.The driver must have felt sorry for me because he opened the doors again to let me get on.
Thanks for helping us interview as many bloggers as we can and find so many different opinions - no person has the same answer! Again, if you're interested in being involved in the BLOGGER POWR series or posting a guest post on this blog drop us a DM on twitter @GRLPOWRCHAT

Love, GRLPOWR

0 comments:

Post a Comment

GRLPOWR. Powered by Blogger.

About GRLPOWR

#GRLPOWRCHAT Member Badge

Follow @ Instagram

Hello beauties and Welcome to the #GRLPOWR Blog, A Blogger Community created by bloggers for bloggers! Here we aim to bring you post's on a variety of subjects from Beauty to Fashion and everything else inbetween. Check out our About me page for more info.

 photo tw_zpsd27c437c.jpg  photo tw_zpsd27c437c.jpg
Follow
Back to Top